Fieldworks Marketing is a specialist PR, content and digital marketing agency that works for tech companies that sell to retailers globally.
If you wish to amend any of the personal information that we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Information we collect
This section details the information we may collect about you. We explain why, and how, we use it in later sections.
If you decide to create an account or enquire about one of our products or services, we’ll ask you to provide us with some specific information, for example:
- Basic personal details– name and title
- Work details– such as job title, department, company name, company address, work email address and office phone number;
On occasion, we will ask you to voluntarily provide additional information, for example:
- Your preferences, including newsletters;
Information we obtain from partners and public sources
In some circumstances, we collect information about you from our partners or from publicly available websites to help us better understand our audience and enhance the relevance of our content.
Lawful basis for processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you complete one of our general enquiry forms, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences within your account at any time.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information for two reasons:
- To provide our service – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect, for example, delivering the newspaper to your correct address, providing access to our digital content, notifying you of changes to our services and dealing with customer services queries. We record customer calls for monitoring and training purposes.
- To improve and maintain performance – In order to provide you with the best possible user experience, we need to make sure that our products and services work as they should. Using personal information helps us understand how our readers use our site so we can make improvements. This includes testing proposed developments on our site, reaching out to our customers with market research surveys and hosting subscriber focus groups.
Who we share your personal information with
We do not disclose personal information to any third parties.
How long we retain your personal information
We retain the majority of your personal information for as long as you choose to stay opted in. If you become inactive, we may delete elements of the information associated with your account.
Where we don’t need to keep all of your information in full, we will obfuscate or aggregate it, for example, web activity logs and survey responses. This is to ensure that we do not retain your information for any longer than is necessary.
It is sometimes necessary for us to keep your personal information for longer periods of time, for example:
- If there is a statutory requirement to retain it;
- If we require the information for legal reasons or there is a legitimate business need for us to retain it;
- To ensure we do not contact you if you have asked us not to.
How we keep your personal information secure
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that our users’ information is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, use, alteration, or loss.
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to object to direct marketing;
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Personal information is collected by Fieldworks Marketing
If you have a query in regards to the processing of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Fieldworks Marketing Ltd
Registered Office: Tunnel House, Durgates, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6DF, UK
Registered Number: 06340199
This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.