Brilliant people fuel our continued growth. Are you one of them?
Fieldworks' USP is more than our retail technology marketing expertise - it's our people that make us distinctive, successful and great to work with.
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you've got fresh ideas and plenty of enthusiasm to bring to the table, drop us a line!
In the role of Marketing Account Manager at Fieldworks you will plan, present and execute ideas and marketing campaigns from start to finish – utilising the full marketing mix, in order to help drive sales growth and enhance brand awareness amongst multiple clients.
Working as the main day to day contact with your client, you will act as the lynch pin for the team – from communicating the correct information to all members of the team, client liaison and directly reporting to the Senior Account Manager/Account Director.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, creative and enthusiastic marketer with an eye for detail and a passion for retail technology, to join our fast growing and fast paced B2B marketing agency.
Planning, analysis and executing campaigns using CRM and data platforms, data standards and data management
Understanding of data legislation
Creation of timelines and tracking projects
KPI setting and measurement
Developing budgets and to present these to your line manager
Ensuring the highest levels of campaign performance and reacting dynamically to ensure that success
Reporting to the client in a concise and coherent manner, adding value at all times
KPI setting and measurement
Full evaluation of campaigns including data manipulation and benchmarking
Key client liaison point
Acting as the adviser to the client, recommending next steps that will add value
Back end CMS management
Attending and running meetings – may include travelling abroad on occasions
Full end to end management of trade show events where clients are exhibiting
Development of client websites
Prepare briefs and managing project delivery from beginning to end in a seamless manner
Handling the creative on all work undertaken
Keeping abreast of marketing automation platforms generally
Understanding of CRM and data platforms, data standards and data management
Maintain accurate timesheets
Gaining incremental growth from current clients
Supporting new business pitches
Budget creation and management
Ensuring profitability on the accounts, tracking on Harvest and forecasting sheet
Staff and Team Management
Coordinating the integrated activities and team members within the wider business (social/PR/design/content)
Writing of briefs and dealing with key suppliers
A pro-active approach to projects
Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a cool outlook
A personable and professional character that will allow you to build client and agency rapport
The confidence to give clients trust in your work
Ability to work as part of a team as well as have initiative to work on your own
A pro-active approach to projects, looking to add value at every form of communication
First class organisation and presentation skills
Ability to produce detailed and accurate reports on all contacts with clients providing confirmation of actions to Client / Account Handlers
Timely communication in order to complete projects on time and on budget
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proficient on a Marketing Automation platform and able to collate/analyse/present results from campaigns set up in the tool
Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
Has excellent Excel skills
Proficient in PowerPoint and ability to present accurately and concisely
Has Photoshop skills
Min 2-3 years in a marketing role, ideally agency background
Experience of the retail and tech industry (if possible)
Leadership & Management:
Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills.
The ability to inspire, motivate and drive all members of the agency team.
You must act by example when representing the agency.
Working cooperatively across the team to achieve great results.
Talking to each other; sharing ideas and moments of inspiration.
It’s about looking to the future and what we can do better, not blaming each other for past mistakes.
It’s about combining creativity and technical expertise to pull off that big idea.
It’s about a group effort to produce the best work for our clients. And to make money while doing so.
A total commitment to creating brilliant ideas. This comes from the heart and drives everything we do.
Drive and energy to work as long and hard as it takes to make it happen.
Passion to help our clients succeed with their objectives. And going the extra mile to surprise and delight them.
Being proud of the value we can bring to our clients’ businesses.
Love the work we do. Be inspired by everything around us. Show commitment and energy and enthusiasm. Creating an atmosphere that is exciting, lively and entertaining.
Inspired thinking. About leading by example. About rolling up your sleeves and just doing it.
Taking our work seriously. Never ourselves. Brushing aside convention and safe-thinking to reach that special idea. That creative spark. Pushing the boundaries as far as they’ll go. Then pushing some more.
Do you want to work with some of Europe’s biggest Retail names at an award winning, rapidly growing integrated B2B marketing agency? If so, Fieldworks has a job with your name written all over it.
In the role of PR Account Manager at Fieldworks, you will have
– sound PR experience, at least 2-3 years, ideally agency side (a background in B2B technology, retail, martech and financial PR would be useful as would a corporate comms bacground)
– proven writing and media relations skills; you should be confident pitching in complex stories to the media in order to generate high impact, quality coverage for clients
– have excellent communication and problem-solving skills
– a working knowledge of markets, as well as the ability to manage budgets
– working knowledge of extended marcomms programmes and how your activity fits into this process and contributes to the lead cycle
– will be the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients, where your ability to forge strong relationships will position you as a trusted advisor
– will help to retain and grow those clients by delivering excellent and effective campaigns
– will manage projects, overseeing client relationships and act as a strong main point of contact
– should have a curious mind, working to gain a thorough understanding of the client’s business and the market it operates in
– will provide effective strategy and planning from writing PR plans and liaising with the media, to developing and presenting new business proposals
– will be required to produce a proactive plan to ensure targets are met, putting forward recommendations to enhance and improve performance, based on analysed data and results
– will be responsible for implementing plans, including developing timelines and budgets, providing day-to-day client communication and reporting, and interacting with other team members to execute strategies
– will have responsibility for the management of accounts, along with the planning and direction of any PR campaigns, supported by the Account Director
– are responsible for hands-on execution of PR strategies / must take overall charge of the client account and play an essential team-leading role, monitoring workflow
– will regularly advise and update the Account Director on the progress of accounts, monitoring budgets and profits
– will work as part of a full-service team with other agency staff to develop and implement integrated PR programmes for clients
– will also work with department heads and other agency personnel to accomplish collective goals and provide exceptional client service
• Develop strategic marketing communications and PR plans and provide counsel to clients
• Effectively present agency work/proposals to clients and supports other team members in doing the same
• Direct activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
• Writes press releases, backgrounders, feature and thought leadership articles
• Develop media lists and opportunity calendars
• Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel and provides clients with timeline and budget updates
• Provide effective management of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget
• Act as, and be seen as, a respected and trusted adviser to clients, in turn establishing the agencies credentials
• Challenge and inspire the client, position the company as a partner by acting as a guide and facilitator
• Develop client relationship by acting as a strategic partner
• Build a deep understanding of each key client account strategically and operationally
• Effectively interpret client brief and develop creative ideas to win competitive pitches
• Ensure highest presentation delivery standards in all pitches
• Oversee quality of service delivery in terms of efficiency and client satisfaction
• Act as a point of escalation for project/program issues
• Ensure a strategic programme is made with clients, finalising programme activity and budget with clients.
• Fully understand the client’s business including economic levers, industry, organisation and customer/audience needs, in order to translate into communication action with solution-oriented focus
• Maintain a strategic overview of each client account, proactively advising them on new issues
• Run and contribute to strategic planning meetings with clients
• Keep abreast of industry updates or changes or events, regularly reviewing the impact on programme and client objectives
• Review of actual campaign performance vs. client target, with line manager
• Strive to produce challenging, award-winning and effective creative PR programs
• Ensure that all work developed and presented is relevant, on brief and in keeping with the client’s brand objectives
• Manage the agency’s various functions in order to provide clients with a comprehensive, consistent and cohesive agency effort.
• Contribute to client reviews with our senior client contacts to identify and address any issues
• Make sure that all projects undertaken are transitioned into and managed effectively by the agency. Delivered on time, on brief and on budget
• Make sure that all necessary administrative paperwork, such as weekly status reports, contact reports and estimates, is provided by the agency
• Communicate to clients any changes that may have occurred that will affect the delivery of activity
• Set KPIs for client work and measure and delivers against those KPIs
• Identify opportunities and cross, as well as up-sell company capabilities, looking for opportunities for new services and growth
• Own the key account development strategy, planning and execution, with a view to increasing sustainable account spend and repeat business
• Build client trust and extend Fieldworks’ reach within the organisation, identifying key themes across the account
• Prepare client project briefs and proposals, and assist with new business development and pitch preparation and presentations
• Create, write and deliver pitches, new business proposals and presentations
• Stay abreast of emerging technology and recognise opportunities to apply the technology to meet client goals
• Demonstrate specific knowledge and understanding of core digital technology
• Create a clear annual plan for the development of each account
• Have financial ownership of your ‘business area’, having an in-depth understanding of the financial status of client accounts at all times
• Provide and monitor accurate and clear monthly forecasts for each client account, including justifications for decisions taken
• Be responsible for budget management on accounts and stay ahead of budget issues; be proactive to ensure account profitability
• Manage profitability of client accounts through accurate time management, reviewing of profit margins, planning and prioritising in line with financial targets and objectives
• Be responsible for account and project profitability, maintaining agreed fee income
• Strive towards minimum attrition levels, ensuring we remain below the industry standard of 30% per annum
• Take responsibility for the day-to-day financial management of the account, including estimating and billing
Staff and Team Management
• Work with the Account Director to make sure each account has the correct level of resource allocated to it
• Manage the wider account team, supporting your projects/accounts effectively, and make sure all members of the team understand their responsibilities, in order to meet/exceed the client’s expectations
• Have a positive solutions-oriented attitude
• Ensure resourcing within the account is appropriate at all times, ensuring you have the ‘best’ team for the job
• Make sure the team provides clients with a consistently high standard of service
• Review and improve internal procedures and champion their implementation
• Make decisions regarding work processes and resources
• Collaborate with other leaders on resource allocation
• Responsible for cascading communications to staff
• Responsible for evaluating the performance of staff against defined metrics
• Responsible for developing capability of staff to meet goals and objectives
• Make tactical, day-to-day decisions to meet immediate process or productivity goals
• Has the necessary technical/business process knowledge expertise required to guide the work of the team
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of PR
• Have the confidence, ability and personality to deal with, and earn the respect of clients and agency teams
• Commercial awareness with the ability to create budgets and monitor client profitability
• Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency and clients, by mastering industry knowledge, trends and clients’ business
• Have the ability to macro overview projects and oversee the planning and implementation of schedules
• Embrace and understand the principles of integrated marketing communication
• Be able to develop and plan sound strategic and creative ideas and proposals
• Have good written and editing skills with the ability to write clear, concise, inspirational thought-provoking creative briefs, presentations and proposals
• Be confident at presenting both strategic ideas and creative work
• Demonstrate good creative judgement
• Strong media contacts and media relations skills
• Have exceptional organisational and relationship building skills
• Have strong communications skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
• Ability to produce detailed and accurate reports
• Good overall IT skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, PPT
• Have experience of developing campaigns across a broad range of different media
• Educated to degree level preferred, but not essential
• Experienced as a PR campaign performance specialist with strong industry knowledge
• Great client facing and relationship building skills
• Experience working with budgets and managing P&L of a team
• Strong strategic overview across multi-channel and sector campaigns
Leadership & Management:
• Instil confidence and motivate/inspire clients and colleagues.
• Effectively manage projects and effectively participates in cross agency teams.
• Collaborative spirit to work towards the best outcome for clients and the agency.
• Effectively resolve conflict with clients and within teams.
• Embrace company cultural values; active participation and advocacy.
• Working cooperatively across the team to achieve great results.
• Talking to each other; sharing ideas and moments of inspiration.
• It’s about looking to the future and what we can do better, not blaming each other for past mistakes.
• It’s about combining creativity and technical expertise to pull off that big idea.
• It’s about a group effort to produce the best work for our clients. And to make money while doing so.
• A total commitment to creating brilliant ideas. This comes from the heart and drives everything we do.
• Drive and energy to work as long and hard as it takes to make it happen.
• Passion to help our clients succeed with their objectives. And going the extra mile to surprise and delight them.
• Being proud of the value we can bring to our clients’ businesses.
• Love the work we do. Be inspired by everything around us. Show commitment and energy and enthusiasm. Creating an atmosphere that is exciting, lively and entertaining.
• Inspired thinking. About leading by example. About rolling up your sleeves and just doing it.
• Taking our work seriously. Never ourselves. Brushing aside convention and safe-thinking to reach that special idea. That creative spark. Pushing the boundaries as far as they’ll go. Then pushing some more.
Want to gain essential career experience from an agency at the forefront of B2B marketing? We offer a number of internships in our marketing, PR, social media and content departments. Just send us your CV and a covering letter telling us why we should give you your big break.
To support our talented in-house team, we’re always looking for dependable, creative freelance professionals to work on Fieldworks campaigns. If you-re a website designer, developer or a graphic designer, we’d be particularly interested in hearing from you – send us your portfolio.
Get closer to retailers and brand owners by accessing our insight into the big trends.
From blog posts and infographics to events and reports, we’ve got the knowledge that puts you at the forefront of your industries.
Shrewd, opinionated comment on the hottest marketing and retail topics - including insights from our expert partners.Get the word on the street