Cegid, a global provider of unified commerce systems, wanted to drive brand awareness at several key industry trade shows and events, to maximise ROI and sales engagement off the back of its attendance.
Having committed to exhibiting at NRF’s Big Show and RetailEXPO Europe’s leading retail technology show, Cegid also wanted to support its own series of events – a pop up innovation store showcasing its tech, the Cegid Innovation Store, and its customer event, Cegid Connections.
Fieldworks put together a focused PR campaign to support Cegid’s two key trade show events, with coverage designed to land pre-, during and post- events. This ensured the brand and its key spokespersons were visible at the moment they needed to be seen by its prospect audiences.
The trade show PR strategy comprised:
- Creating a series of thought leadership articles, attributed to senior Cegid spokespersons, designed to land in key media titles as read by Cegid’s prospect audiences in the run up to and post-events
- Initiating press and analyst briefings with Cegid’s executive team at NRF and RetailEXPO to raise their profile amongst influencers to drive interview write ups post event
- Delivering coverage on customer success PR stories for Aesop, Villebrequin and Orlebar Brown to drive referenceability for Cegid, showcasing how it had supported other retailers, timed to appear in media during the events
We also delivered a separate PR strategy for Cegid’s own events, which included:
- Inviting and hosting media from the UK’s top retail and technology publications to attend Cegid’s Innovation Store installation and Cegid’s customer event, Cegid Connections
- Setting up interviews with Cegid’s spokespersons and its customers at the events to drive press write-ups about the technology on display and sessions at the event
- Delivering listings coverage around the Cegid Innovation Store for those media who weren’t able to attend the press trip itself
In just four months, Fieldworks generated x47 pieces of coverage in the key media titles as read by Cegid’s prospects, including Computer Weekly, Essential Retail, Econsultancy, Drapers, Retail Week and Forbes.
Press coverage delivered over 2.62million opportunities to see the brand, timed to appear just as Cegid needed to be seen most by its prospect audiences.
x15 media and analyst briefings were set up with key influencers, including Gartner, Forrester, IHL, Global Data, Drapers, Computer Weekly and Retail Gazette.